The MummyMOT is a postnatal 6-week check that tests the muscles of the tummy and pelvic floor. Performed by a Specialist Women’s Health physiotherapist it is recommended for all women after having a baby.
Read our article in Angels & Urchins magazine, here.
Advice on safe exercises are given as well as the best post natal exercises.
Most women after having had a baby have a weakness in either the tummy or pelvic floor which then creates instability and poor core strength. The result causes back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness .
To avoid any long term childbirth related complaints come early and get tummy gap and pelvic floor tested and then start an optimal postnatal recovery programme.
The MummyMOT is a:
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist
- Ideally at 6 weeks and beyond
- Checks Pelvic Floor Strength and Tummy gap
- Assesses any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- Recommends a bespoke postnatal recovery programme, looking at Posture, Breathing and core activation