The Mummy MOT® is a postnatal 6-week check that tests the muscles of the tummy and pelvic floor. It is performed by a Specialist Women’s Health physiotherapist such as Debbie. The MOT is highly recommended for all women after having a baby.
Read Maria Elliott’s, founder of the Mummy MOT, article in Angels & Urchins magazine, here.
Who needs The Mummy MOT®?
After having a baby, half of all women have a weakness in either their tummy or pelvic floor area, while over a third suffer from complex pelvic pain. This can create instability and weak core strength and results in altered transfer load, back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness.
A Mummy MOT helps women avoid these distressing and often embarrassing symptoms. The assessment by a specialist physiotherapist of the tummy gap and pelvic floor enables the creation of a bespoke post-natal recovery programme plan devised especially for the woman, her lifestyle and fitness goals, including specific and safe post-natal exercises to regain stability and optimum function.
What is The Mummy MOT®?
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist
- Ideally at 6 weeks and beyond
- An in-depth check of pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
- Assesses any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- Recommends a bespoke postnatal recovery programme, devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength looking at Posture, Breathing and core activation
- Cost: £80 including Assessment and Rehab Programme